Art Gallery of Bosnia and Herzegovina (Sarajevo)
May 26, 2005
Panel Discussion- Overcoming Past
Moderator: Senadin Musabegović, Sarajevo (BiH)
- Historical controversies / New views
- Today’s controversies: what is being talked about, on what we keep silent?
- Continuities and discontinuities of two collectivisms: socialism and nationalism
- Overcoming war-related trauma in the process of community reunification
- Ethno-national politics as a result of the transition logic of destruction of socialism
- Peace agreement – a model of conservation, and of generation of a new political conflict
- War as the means of revising and “overcoming” the past
- Identity / new identities: who and what forms them today? Who are we, what are we?
- What is being taught at schools, what is not being taught at schools?
- Lessons of the past lessons to be learned (how to recognize fascism?)
- Žarko Puhovski (Zagreb)
- Ugo Vlaisavljević (Sarajevo)
- Svetlana Đurković (Sarajevo)
- Amer Filipović (Sarajevo)
- Aleksandar Hemon (Sarajevo – Chicago)
- Vladimir Marković (Belgrade)